- Was at the start of the whole Silicon Valley revolution and has always been heavily influenced by the CIA and DARPA.
- Is on the advisory list of Ampleforth (as of 9-2019)
- Found flaws in ZCash. Researchers at Standford according to Proof of Work #77 (23-10-2019):
"Presented two types of active side-channel attacks against private (a.k.a. shielded) transactions in Zcash. This Security announcement has been shared earlier this month in the Zcash community forum. Be sure to upgrade your nodes to Version 2.0.7-3 immediately and discontinue use of older versions. Please note that the issue does not put funds at risk of theft or counterfeiting."
- Is a partner with Alchemy, according to their website (20-4-2020).
- Amiti Uttarwar; went to its Bitcoin and Blockchain meetups, now Bitcoin Core dev (8-12-2020).
"The Stanford Blockchain Club has joined Uniswap as a delegate to provide guidance and governance in the future."
- Benedikt Bünz, does the ongoing research for Zether
- Craig Gentry, a Stanford PhD student, used lattices to construct the first fully homomorphic encryption scheme.
- Susan Athey; Professor of Economics at Stanford Graduate School of Business, also in the Board of Directors of Coin Center
- "ConsenSys Ventures head Kavita Gupta is stepping down to an advisory role and a two year teaching position at Stanford; Gupta has been with the firm since its founding in September 2017, steering investments toward 40 different startups under 11 subcategories; the news comes on the heels of ConsenSys' announced funding round with a goal of $200M"
- Manuel Rincon Cruz; also advisor for Ampleforth
- Niall Ferguson; also advisor for Ampleforth
- Florian Tramèr; also co-creator of GasToken
- Dr. David Mazières; designed the consensus protocol of Stellar (4-2015).
- Google started out as a research project of Larry Page and Sergey Brin, two graduate students at Stanford University. With funding by DARPA.
- Creators of Stellar, Filecoin, Bloom, and Cognito
- Chris Larsen, founder of Ripple
- Elie Ofek; advisor for Cova
- Jonathan Teo got his MS from Stanford University
- Garry Tan; graduated from Stanford in Computer Systems Engineering in 2003.
- Bobby Lee; graduated from Stanford University with B.S. and M.S. degrees in Computer Science.
- Findora has team members who come from this university (23-10-2020).
- Oasis Network; CMC claims on that some of the team members come from here (15-11-2020).
- Balaji Srinivasan; taught bioinformatics (11-12-2020).
- Juan Benet; studied (9-12-2020) here before creating IFPS and Filecoin.
- Soravis Srinawakoon was (10-1-2021) a classmate of Do Kwon at Stanford.
- Some researchers that work on Unit-e come from this university.
- Angle Labs was initiated (28-9-2021) by an international team of co-founders from Stanford University.
"Combining mainstream pedigrees and pioneering crypto cred, Ehrsam, 32 and Huang, 31, convinced top institutional investors like Harvard and Stanford to give them $750 million to invest in a market they were too blue-blooded to touch directly. The vehicle was odd, an open-ended fund with no deadline to return it back."