After great community collaboration DYOR has rebranded into CryptoWiki.me 🥳 a moment to celebrate!
From now on all new information will be added within the CryptoWiki.mecommunity website! No longer over here. So be sure to move over to stay on top of new research developments!
Same content - better & cleaner experience 🤝
DYOR started out in 2015 on Fandom and has now grown to ~3500 pages on CryptoWiki.me 🤩
All the information that you can find in these pages is public knowledge with sources provided. The community is encouraged to add truthful and unbiased entries to further this body of work.
Follow @cryptowiki_me on Twitter to be up to date on pages being created or edited.
- 1 Basics
- 2 History
- 3 Token
- 4 Tech
- 5 Privacy Method being used
- 6 Oracle Method being used
- 7 Their Other Projects
- 8 Governance
- 9 Upgrades
- 10 Roadmap
- 11 Audits
- 12 Usage
- 13 Competition
- 14 Coin Distribution
- 15 Pros and Cons
- 16 Team, etc.
- The protocol engineering team at ConsenSys
- PegaSys is building Ethereum tech for the public-chain community and leading enterprises.
- Has build the client Pantheon for Ethereum. Update: Has been (29-8-2019) renamed to Hyperledger Besu.
- They develop open-source software, and are researching next-generation solutions like sidechains and sharding.
- "We designed a new consensus algorithm that guarantees fast finality, implemented a market-leading dapp to manage permissioning, and improved privacy at the protocol level of Ethereum."
- "available in Azure Marketplace (or direct via Azure Portal) through our partnership with Microsoft. On our partnership with Microsoft, Marley Gray, Principal Architect at Azure Blockchain, noted, “We’re excited to partner with PegaSys to bring Pantheon to Azure. The emphasis on open source, enterprise-focused tools that are easy to use is something both our companies believe is key to wide-scale adoption of blockchain.”
- Whitepaper can be found [insert here].
- Code can be viewed [insert here].
- Built on:
- Programming language used:
How it works
Privacy Method being used
Oracle Method being used
Their Other Projects
- From this post (18-2-2020):
"PegaSys Orchestrate is a platform that enables enterprises to easily build secure and reliable applications on the Ethereum blockchain. Orchestrate combines multiple business functionalities, from transaction management to advanced monitoring, into a single product, culminating the experience the PegaSys team has gathered building production-grade blockchain platforms with enterprises from diverse industries, including capital markets, supply chain, and trade finance."
In the same post it claims to solve four 'key security challenges for enterprizse blockchain solutions'.
One of which is private key management; "Orchestrate offers compatibility with secure storage systems such as Hashicorp Vault, in which private keys either live in memory when signing a transaction or are stored encrypted on disk, tremendously limiting the possibilities of a private key being compromised."
- Can be found [Insert link here].
- Bug bounty program can be found [insert here]. None according to Blockchain Security DB (29-6-2020), which does show 1 audit (8-2019).
Projects that use or built on it
Pros and Cons
- Partnerships with: Microsoft, Truffle, Infura, Kaleido
- Has links with the Ethereum Foundation since three of its team members where signatories on a leaked Ethereum Foundation document about maintaining cohesion ahead of its (at the time pending) Constantinople, Create2 fork.
- Is part of Consensys Labs portfolio (7-2019)