After great community collaboration DYOR has rebranded into CryptoWiki.me 🥳 a moment to celebrate!
From now on all new information will be added within the CryptoWiki.mecommunity website! No longer over here. So be sure to move over to stay on top of new research developments!
Same content - better & cleaner experience 🤝
DYOR started out in 2015 on Fandom and has now grown to ~3500 pages on CryptoWiki.me 🤩
All the information that you can find in these pages is public knowledge with sources provided. The community is encouraged to add truthful and unbiased entries to further this body of work.
Follow @cryptowiki_me on Twitter to be up to date on pages being created or edited.
- A market whale
- An Francisco-based investment firm.
- Pantera Capital was founded in 2003 and originally focused on global macro hedge-fund investments, but as of 2014, it shifted its focus exclusively to bitcoin and other digital currencies.
- "They famously launched the first US-based cryptocurrency fund in 2013 when Bitcoin price was still around $65."
- Pantera Capital’s Third Venture Fund, Known as Venture Fund III Raises $71M, Firm partner Paul Veradittakit explains that the company expects to bring in approximately $175 million in funding, which would be the highest monetary allocation in Pantera Capital’s history. Update: "Pantera Capital's third fund is getting closer to its $175M target, having secured $125M so far (an extra $25M since summer last year when it announced the $100M milestone). 2-2019" Update: "has raised $160M of its planned $175M for its third venture fund; $38M in funds have already been dispersed to some 35 projects at an average of $3.5M per deal; the third fund is more selectively focused on mature crypto projects in areas such as custody, commercial exchanges, and asset management " (4-4-2019)
- Its forth fund raised $600m (24-11-2021).
- Do Kwon; gave a 'special shoutout for backing literally everything I've done in my career (without even a pitch)'
- 0x. Invested in 0x and re-invested during a $15M Series A (6-2-2021).
- 1inch; led a $12M round (3-12-2020).
- Acala. From CoinDesk (27-8-2020):
"Acala closed a $7 million simple agreement for future tokens (SAFT) led by Pantera Capital. Other investors in the funding round include 1confirmation, Arrington XRP Capital, ParaFi Capital, Coinfund, Spartan Capital and others."
- Ampleforth. Invested in Ampleforth
- Anchor; Do Kwon mentioned them as part of a $20M raise, calling the participants the 'Anchor whales' (16-3-2021)
- Arbitrum; took part in the $120M raise (1-9-2021)
- Bakkt. Has participated in an investment round of $300M for Bakkt.
- Balancer. From Paradigm (10-11-2020):
- Basic Attention Token. Was among the funders for BAT
- Bitclout; it's founder has mentioned this fund as an investor (23-3-2021).
- BitDAO; part of their $230M private funding round (17-6-2021).
- Bitstamp. Invested 14M in Bitstamp but sold a portion of its stake to NXMH when they acquired the exchange.
- Blockfolio. Invested in Blockfolio
- Civic. Invested in Civic
- DODO. Led a $5M raise for DODO (15-10-2020).
- DTR. Invested in DTR
- Flexacoin. Invested in Flexacoin
- FunFair. Invested in FunFair (still as of 1-2020)
- Globe; derivatives platform. Was part of the $3 million in seed investments (20-11-2020).
- Harbor. Invested in Harbor
- Injective Protocol. Led a $2.6M seed round for Injective Protocol (29-7-2020). And again part of a $10M private token sale (20-4-2021).
- InstaDapp. Was part of a $2.4M seed round (1-10-2019) in InstaDapp.
- Kyber. Is a supporter of Kyber (19-6-2020).
- Oasis Network; Pantera is mentioned on their website (15-11-2020). Also one of the contributors to the $160m Ecosystem Fund (17-11-2021)
- Offchain Labs
- Reflexer; on of its backers (22-2-2021).
- Risk Harbor; co-led a $3.2M seed round (24-6-2021).
- Stablecoins. Has been known to invest big in stablecoins
- Staked. The Winklevoss twins and Pantera Capital have led the charge on a $4.5M fundraising round for Staked, a crypto firm that specializes in passive yields from staking Proof-of-Stake (PoS) coins; Staked performs the behind the scenes work for subscribing hedge funds and institutions. As of now, Stake services six coins: Tezos, Dash, Decred, Livepeer, Factom, and EOS
- Starkware. Invested in Starkware (founded by a ZCash leading scientist)
- Terra; is mentioned as an investor in one of their blogs (5-1-2021). Was part of the $150M ecosystem fund for Terra as well (16-7-2021).
- Vega Protocol. Led (2-10-2019) a $5 million seed round for The Vega Protocol. Vega aims to make it feasible for people anywhere in the world to spin up markets for derivatives (futures, swaps, options, etc.) that can interact with each other and abide by relevant regulations.
- Z-Cash. Invested in Z-Cash
- Morehead, Dan; CEO
- Charles Noyes, an ex-employee, now co-founder of Paradigm
- Paul Veradittakit, partner at Pantera and advisor at Ampleforth (which Pantera invested in)
- Partner with Fortress investment Group, ICON,
- Joey Krug; Co-Chief Investment Officer, a member of the DTR Foundation Council (which Pantera invested in) and advisor at Ampleforth (which Pantera invested in)
- Felix Feng; used to work with them.