- 1 Basics
- 2 History
- 3 Audits & Exploits
- 4 Governance
- 5 Token
- 6 Tech
- 7 Oracle Method
- 8 Privacy Method
- 9 Their Other Projects
- 10 Roadmap
- 11 Usage
- 12 Pros and Cons
- 13 Competition
- 14 Team, Funding, Partners
- 15 (:
Audits & Exploits
- Bug bounty program can be found [insert here].
- Whitepaper can be found [insert here].
- Code can be viewed [insert here].
- Built on:
- Programming language used:
How it works
"Funds move between users inside the smart contract, which is orchestrated by validators and guardians. When a contract is open, validators package transactions into blocks. Elected by guardians, validators have a near-perfect probabilistic guarantee of participating honestly with safety features such as built-in collateral (to disincentivize cheating). Users also decide when a contract closes, sending funds back to the main ethereum chain."
Their Other Projects
- zkPorter is a new L2 scaling technique combining zkRollup and sharding in a highly scalable yet atomically composable blockchain network.
- Is behind zkSync.
- Roadmap can be found here (27-3-2021), it will involve a Zinc virtual machine.
- Had an update (14-7-2021):
"The highest capacity measured so far was during a Gitcoin grants round that saw a peak load of 20,000 transactions per hour—5.6 TPS. Though it is a significant amount less than the 18,000 transfers demonstrated by StarkEx, it was sustained for an entire hour."
"Live with payment support since June 2020, zkSync has processed over 300,000 transactions in total. The Gitcoin grants round 7 was one big driver in transaction volume, starting on 15th September and ending on 2nd October. It is worth noting that there are no block rewards or delegations on the current zkSync network yet and therefore all 300,000 transactions represent real interactions between users. 1inch’s Mooniswap and Balancer are currently in the process of completing their integrations as well."
Projects that use it / build on top of it:
- Argent; plans to integrate it (16-3-2021).
- Curve implemented (11-10-2020) on zkSync’s Zinc VM, live on testnet.
- Gitcoin. Used by Gitcoin (11-9-2020).
- Can be found [Insert link here].
Projects that use or built on it
Pros and Cons
Team, Funding, Partners
- Full team can be found [here].
- Alex Gluchowski; CEO
- From their blog (1-3-2021):
"This [undisclosed amount] round is led by Union Square Ventures, Cloudflare, Firebase, Twilio, MongoDB, and Coinbase. It also includes our existing investors — Placeholder, 1kx, and Dragonfly — who have provided us with incredible support over the last two years."
- From their blog (8-11-2021):
"Announced US$50M in new funding today (in addition to US$6M raised at Series A in February this year).
The Series B financing was led by Andreessen Horowitz and included existing investors Placeholder, Dragonfly, and 1kx. A second financing was closed with strategic partners such as Blockchain.com, Crypto.com, Consensys, ByBit, OKEx, Alchemy, Covalent and joined by the founders and leadership of AAVE, Paraswap, Lido, Futureswap, Gnosis, Rarible, Aragon, Liquity, Celer, Connext, Perpetual, Euler, Opium, and 70 more."
Knowledge empowers all and will help us get closer to the decentralized world we all want to live in!
Making these free wiki pages is fun but takes a lot of effort and time.
If you have enjoyed reading, tips are appreciated :) This will help us to keep expanding this archive of information.