After great community collaboration DYOR has rebranded into CryptoWiki.me 🥳 a moment to celebrate!
From now on all new information will be added within the CryptoWiki.mecommunity website! No longer over here. So be sure to move over to stay on top of new research developments!
Same content - better & cleaner experience 🤝
DYOR started out in 2015 on Fandom and has now grown to ~3500 pages on CryptoWiki.me 🤩
All the information that you can find in these pages is public knowledge with sources provided. The community is encouraged to add truthful and unbiased entries to further this body of work.
Follow @cryptowiki_me on Twitter to be up to date on pages being created or edited.
- Started in: 2017
- Based in:
- South Korea's largest (30-5-2020) public blockchain project.
- ICON has stated its mission to “Hyperconnect the World”
- "The ICON Foundation has announced it will be giving away 3 million ICX tokens to participants in its upcoming election. The election will determine which parties will serve as node holders, known as Public Representatives (P-Reps) on the ICON network. The giveaway tokens will be distributed during a 30-day pre-voting period, set to open on August 26."
- Whitepaper can be found [insert here].
- Code can be viewed [insert here].
- Programming language used:
How it works
"Announced its new Loop Fault Tolerance 2.0 (LFT 2.0) consensus algorithm on April 8.
The new algorithm claims to make performance improvements in scalability and network bandwidth over the popular Practical Byzantine Fault Tolerance (PBFT) consensus types, without compromising security.
PBFT-based algorithms, such as those used by cryptocurrencies like EOS and Cosmos, need a large number of message exchanges to reach consensus on a new block. LFT 2.0 reduces the message traffic required from three to two steps, enabling faster voting and a reduction in network latency."
"ICON Aggregator Chain Begins w/ Polkadot Integration"
Privacy Method being used
Oracle Method being used
Their Other Projects
- ICONex “is ICON's Wallet supporting ICX and various cryptocurrencies. ICONex boasts faster transactions, secure payments, and liquid exchange across multiple cryptocurrencies with user-friendly UX and UI.”
- ICONick “ ‘wallet ID’ used in the ICON network.
- Use your own unique nickname instead of a long and complicated default wallet address to conveniently transfer or exchange ICX.”
Projects: As of now only; Loopchain, “loopchain has established a significant presence in Korea’s blockchain industry through actual applications in various communities such as banks, securities markets, universities and healthcare. loopchain has established a significant presence in Korea’s blockchain industry through actual applications in various communities such as banks, securities markets, universities and healthcare. Loopchain will connect various communities to expand into new business areas.”
- From their blog (1-1-2021):
"The Contribution Proposal System is now in its testing phase. We look forward to launching the mainnet version of this product in January of 2021 assuming no major issues with the smart contract code."
"has released its Blockchain Transmission Protocol, allowing individual blockchains to interact and communicate with each other.
While a single implementation of BTP connects two blockchain networks, these networks can also connect to other networks through further BTP implementations, creating an interconnected and interoperable web of blockchains.
"BATANG — ICON 2.0 is already built and ready to GO: The Icon team announced their next significant technical advancement — ICON 2.0: BATANG, a new blockchain software architecture based on Go. The word “Batang” means “base” or “foundation” in the Korean language and they sees ICON 2.0 as the base or foundational technology that will support the future growth of the ICON network."
- From their blog (1-1-2021):
"Revision 12 was released to Euljiro and Pagoda testnets on December 30th. We are set to release it on the Mainnet in mid- Jan 2021 assuming no issues are found after the testing period. This update is focusing on increasing security and stability of ICON Network. The new update includes the below features:
- Burn address: The System SCORE (cx000..) will have the ability to burn the ICX that is sent to the address. Anyone who wishes to burn ICX on the ICON Network is able to send their ICX to this address.
- ICX balance verification logic: In order to check all the changes on the ICX supply, the blockchain verifies each account’s balance when it processes and generates a transaction.
- Recovery mode: A solution to recover a P-Rep node from a network pause situation. Nodes with this feature enabled are automatically rebooted simultaneously to restore the network.
- Minor bug fixes: fixed bugs on container DB, transaction processing logic, etc."
- Bug bounty program can be found [insert here].
- CertiK claims to have done an audit for them, according to their website (12-6-2020).
"The algorithm has also been independently audited for security by a team at the Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST). As Cointelegraph reported, the same team raised concerns about the Stellar network last year. Speaking about LFT 2.0, the KAIST team said: “We analyzed a consensus algorithm called LFT 2.0, which is used by a blockchain system, ICON. We proved that LFT 2.0 satisfies safety and liveness, where a certain assumption is required to prove liveness.”
Projects that use or built on it
Pros and Cons
Team, Funding, Partners, etc.
- Tapscott, Don; advisor
- Chu, Jehan; advisor
- Veradittakit, Paul, advisor (is Partner at Pantera Capital.)
- Cho, Yiseul; advisor
- Part of the portfolio of 8 Decimal Capital
- Partners: Pantera, Kenetic Capital, Token-as-a-service, Coinsilium, CM Crypto Capital, Mind Fund, Hashed, Crypto Bazar, MME
- Is partners (1-8-2020) with Band
Knowledge empowers us all and will help us get closer to the decentralised world we all want to live in!
Making these free wiki pages is fun but takes a lot of effort and time.
If you have enjoyed reading, tips are appreciated :) This will help us to keep expanding this archive of information.
ICON tip address: hxed3b0eaf1d724e50180072a5de55c28eed2aedde