After great community collaboration DYOR has rebranded into CryptoWiki.me 🥳 a moment to celebrate!
From now on all new information will be added within the CryptoWiki.mecommunity website! No longer over here. So be sure to move over to stay on top of new research developments!
Same content - better & cleaner experience 🤝
DYOR started out in 2015 on Fandom and has now grown to ~3500 pages on CryptoWiki.me 🤩
All the information that you can find in these pages is public knowledge with sources provided. The community is encouraged to add truthful and unbiased entries to further this body of work.
Follow @cryptowiki_me on Twitter to be up to date on pages being created or edited.
- REDIRECT Emin Gün Sirer
- Profession: Software Engineer, Scholar
- Emin is the co-director of IC3 and associate professor of computer science at Cornell University. His main research areas cover operating systems, networking and distributed systems.
- Most well known to be a system builder and has made vast contributions on the field of cryptocurrencies, helping build many functional systems for bitcoin (Bitcoin-NG, Covenants, Falcon Relay System https://www.falcon-net.org/)
- Created Teechan, a Lightning Network alternative. http://hackingdistributed.com/2016/12/22/scaling-bitcoin-with-secure-hardware/
- helped with smart contracts for Ethereum and to expose multiple flaws on the DAO, before the hack
- Worked on NoSQL and data stores (created HyperDex and Weaver).
- Was also behind Karma, the first peer-to-peer currency with a distributed mint, and helped create Nexus http://www.cs.cornell.edu/people/egs/nexus/, an operating system for trustworthy computing. His research interests span distributed systems, cryptocurrencies, and software infrastructure for large scale services.
- Vaults, “How to Put an End to Bitcoin Theft” http://hackingdistributed.com/2016/02/29/bitcoin-vaults/
- Tezos, advisor