After great community collaboration DYOR has rebranded into CryptoWiki.me 🥳 a moment to celebrate!
From now on all new information will be added within the CryptoWiki.mecommunity website! No longer over here. So be sure to move over to stay on top of new research developments!
Same content - better & cleaner experience 🤝
DYOR started out in 2015 on Fandom and has now grown to ~3500 pages on CryptoWiki.me 🤩
All the information that you can find in these pages is public knowledge with sources provided. The community is encouraged to add truthful and unbiased entries to further this body of work.
Follow @cryptowiki_me on Twitter to be up to date on pages being created or edited.
- Founded in 2013
- 2 investments per month average, 500k each on average, largest investment was 3.25M
- Have invested in over 70 projects, of which around 43 were blockchain start-ups. For instance they invested in Coinbase, Kraken, Chain, Xapo, BTCC, ABRA, Blockstream, Gem, BitGo, Bitfury and Ripple. They invested in the first ICO ever, Mastercoin.
- Invested in 0x, and Messari
- Aave. Participated in a $25M funding round for Aave (12-10-2020).
- Anchorage; part of a $80M fund raise (25-2-2021).
- BadgerDAO; was one of four parties that took part in buying a total of $21M worth of assets from the treasury (8-3-2021).
- Balancer Labs; part of a $24.5M raise (8-6-2021).
- Blockstack. As of 8-2019 still invested in Blockstack
- Civic. Invested in Civic
- Kine; listed as one of the backers (15-3-2021).
- Nexus Mutual; participated in a token sale of $2.7M (16-2-2021).
- Paraswap. Participated in a $2.7M seed round for Paraswap (17-9-2020).
- Securitize. Has backed Securitize in a recent $12.5M Series A; Securitize is a primary issuance platform for asset-backed security tokens on the blockchain. Again participated in their $48M Series B (21-6-2021).
- UMA. Invested in UMA. Took also part in the Range Token raise for UMA of $2.66M (16-7-2021).
Team, inverstors, etc.
- Pierce, Brock; founder
- Stephens, Bart; Stephens Inv. Mgmt., Ivanhoe Capital, E*Trade Group, #2 U.S. Long/Short Hedge Fund 2004*, 2002 through 2012, $500 Million AUM, 23.5x SIM Capital Partners, LP, 56.9% IRR
- Stephens, Brad; Stephens Inv. Mgmt., Fidelity Ventures, CSFB, #2 U.S. Long/Short Hedge Fund 2004*, 2002 through 2012, $500 Million AUM, 23.5x SIM Capital Partners, LP, 56.9% IRR
- Bogart, Spencer; Needham and Company, ETF.com, CFA, First and only Wall Street analyst covering Bitcoin and Blockchain
- Gardner, Jeremy; as an entrepreneur-in-residence and investor.
- Had ICO on 9-4-2017 for a venture capitalist company, its third venture capitalist that they start. Made its target of 10 million in a couple of days.