After great community collaboration DYOR has rebranded into CryptoWiki.me 🥳 a moment to celebrate!
From now on all new information will be added within the CryptoWiki.mecommunity website! No longer over here. So be sure to move over to stay on top of new research developments!
Same content - better & cleaner experience 🤝
DYOR started out in 2015 on Fandom and has now grown to ~3500 pages on CryptoWiki.me 🤩
All the information that you can find in these pages is public knowledge with sources provided. The community is encouraged to add truthful and unbiased entries to further this body of work.
Follow @cryptowiki_me on Twitter to be up to date on pages being created or edited.
- Profession: Executive, Entrepreneur & Venture capitalist
- Prior to founding Digital Currency Group, Barry founded SecondMarket, a platform that enables private companies and investment funds to more efficiently raise capital and provide liquidity to their stakeholders. SecondMarket has received numerous accolades in recent years including being named by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and has received honors from Forbes, Fast Company, Deloitte and other organizations.
- Barry has received several individual honors including being named Entrepreneur of the Year by Ernst & Young and Crain's, and being selected to Fortune's prestigious "40 Under 40" list.
- Was partly responsible for Ethereum Classic. Grayscale Investments, a Digital Currency Group company, launched ethereum classic after the DAO hack scandal.
- Hosted the New York agreement
- According to Forbes "Meet the Crypto's Richest" from 5-2-2018 (just around the end of the bull market of 2017:
Barry Silbert, 41, became known on Wall Street for building SecondMarket, an exchange for tough-to-trade assets—mostly stakes in private tech companies—that became popular in the age of unicorns. By the time he sold SecondMarket to Nasdaq in 2015, Silbert himself was already working on his second act, Digital Currency Group.
Silbert's company is made up of three components: a venture capital arm that has invested in prominent crypto-related businesses like Coinbase and Ripple; speculation on digital currencies and operating businesses like asset management firm Grayscale, which runs the publicly traded Bitcoin Investment Trust; and CoinDesk, a digital currency media company.
- Digital Currency Group, founder. An active seed investor in the digital currency industry, with over 50 investments in 15 countries.
- Created the Bitcoin Investment Trust (BIT)
- Coindesk, through Digital Currency Group
- Genesis, through Digital Currency Group
- Zcash, investor through Digital Currency Group and himself as well