After great community collaboration DYOR has rebranded into CryptoWiki.me 🥳 a moment to celebrate!
From now on all new information will be added within the CryptoWiki.mecommunity website! No longer over here. So be sure to move over to stay on top of new research developments!
Same content - better & cleaner experience 🤝
DYOR started out in 2015 on Fandom and has now grown to ~3500 pages on CryptoWiki.me 🤩
All the information that you can find in these pages is public knowledge with sources provided. The community is encouraged to add truthful and unbiased entries to further this body of work.
Follow @cryptowiki_me on Twitter to be up to date on pages being created or edited.
- Also known as BTCC
- Chinese mining pool that used to control a significant fraction of Bitcoin's hash rate but closed down.
- Bitcoin exchange, but now 4 trading pairs
- BTCC is a Hong Kong based bitcoin exchange that was once the world's second largest by volume in October 2014. Founded in June 2011, it was China's first bitcoin exchange, and most of its customers are thought to be from the domestic market. In 2018, it is thought to now have almost 150 employees.
- 0.1 % fees on exchange
- Wallet service
- Runs SegWit; The company is one of the most outspoken proponents of Segregated Witness
- Selects Ether Classic over Ethereum since nov 2016 (Has investment from DCG, which is owned by Barry Silbert, who funds Ethereum Classic's development)
- Partnered with Rootstok
- Was part of the Chinese miners that signed a statement that they want 8MB blocks. Signatories included the large mining companies F2pool, Antpool, Huobi, and BW.
- Lee, Bobby; CEO (Was part of Hong Kong consensus) "Company CEO Bobby Lee approached the then two-person company in early 2013, and after investing his own money and attracting investors, oversaw the company's rapid expansion and marketshare growth by the end of the year."
- Mow, Samson; former COO (Was part of Hong Kong consensus), left on 8-2-2017, with little explanation
- Investment from Digital Currency Group
- Blockchain Capital, investor
- Partner with Cointelegraph
- Attender of Satoshi Roundtable