After great community collaboration DYOR has rebranded into CryptoWiki.me 🥳 a moment to celebrate!
From now on all new information will be added within the CryptoWiki.mecommunity website! No longer over here. So be sure to move over to stay on top of new research developments!
Same content - better & cleaner experience 🤝
DYOR started out in 2015 on Fandom and has now grown to ~3500 pages on CryptoWiki.me 🤩
All the information that you can find in these pages is public knowledge with sources provided. The community is encouraged to add truthful and unbiased entries to further this body of work.
Follow @cryptowiki_me on Twitter to be up to date on pages being created or edited.
- Venture Capital firm that invests in Bitcoin related projects
- Created a16z crypto, a dedicated crypto fund. Has a General Partner in Katie Haun, an accomplished former federal prosecutor who led the first government task force on cryptocurrencies and also led the investigation into the Mt. Gox hacks and into the federal task force investigating Silk Road.
- Has invested more than $227 million in bitcoin-related startups as of July 19, 2015.
- Raised $2.2 billion for its Crypto Fund III (25-6-2021).
- From their announcement (30-4-2020): "we’re excited to announce a new $515 million fund that will be used to invest in crypto networks and businesses."
- 21e6, 25 mil invested
- Anchorage. Through a16z crypto in Anchorage (which is also a node in the Libra network just like AH and Visa). "$17 million Series A raised last year (2018) led by Andreessen Horowitz and joined by Khosla Ventures, #Angels, Max Levchin, Elad Gil, Mark McCombe of Blackrock and AngelList’s Naval Ravikant. Update: "Visa and Andreessen Horowitz are funding a big round for Anchorage’s omnimetric blockchain security system. Instead of using passwords that can be stolen, Anchorage requires cryptocurrency withdrawals to be approved by a client’s other employees. Then the company uses both human and AI review of biometrics and more to validate transactions before they’re executed, while offering end-to-end insurance coverage. This new-age approach to cryptocurrency protection has attracted a $40 million Series B for Anchorage, led by Blockchain Capital and joined by Visa and Andreessen Horowitz. The round adds to Anchorage’s $17 million Series A that Andreessen led just six months ago, demonstrating extraordinary momentum for the security startup."
- AVAX. Participated (16-5-2019) in an undisclosed 6M$ funding round for AVA Labs
- Axie Infinity; led their $152m Series B round (5-10-2021).
- Basis, a stable coin that failed to launch and gave back almost all its investment. Same founder as BitClout (27-3-2021).
- Bitclout; it's founder has mentioned this fund as an investor (23-3-2021).
- Celo. Through a16z crypto in Celo. Again invested by being a part of a $20M raise (10-2-2021).
- Chia Network. From CoinDesk (19-6-2019):
"According to Crunchbase, Greylock Partners, Naval Ravikant and Andreessen Horowitz have all backed the young company, which has raised $3.4 million so far."
- Coin Center. Is a sponsor of Coin Center.
- Compound. Was part of an $8.2M seed round for Compound in May of 2018.
- Dapper Labs. According to a story in Forbes Thursday (12-9-2019), Dapper Labs has garnered $11 million in funding for the project, including investment from Warner. The round is led by Andreessen Horowitz, with other major venture firms like Union Square Ventures, Digital Currency Group, Venrock and Accomplice also participating. It was again part of a raise, this time the raise was $350M (30-3-2021).
- Goldfinch; participated in their follow up raise of $25m (6-1-2022).
- Harbor. Invested in Harbor
- Keep Network. Invested (2018) in Keep. Is mentioned as a staker on the network (12-11-2020).
- Maidsafe. Connected to Maidsafe
- MakerDao; "In December 2017, Maker sold $12 million MKR in a private round to a group of investors led by Andreessen Horowitz and Polychain capital. A year later, in December 2018, Maker announced that Andreesen Horowitz had purchased an additional $15M in MKR."
- Matter Labs; took part in the $50M Series B raise, aimed for zkSync (8-11-2021).
- OpenBazaar. Was a participator in the $1M seed funding for OpenBazaar in 2014.
- OpenSea; part of a $23M raise (18-3-2021).
- Ripple. According (21-11-2019) to Messari invested in Ripple.
- Solana; part of a $314M raise with a token sale (9-6-2021).
- Syndicate; part of a $20M raise (31-8-2021).
- Worldcoin; one of the many VCs who participated in this controversial project (24-10-2021).
Team, partnerships, etc.
- Marc Andreessen, founder
- Balaji Srinivasan, Board Partner (and also on the board of Coin Center)
- Alex Rampell, Partner at Andreesen Horowitz
- Chris Dixon; partner and a16z crypto leader
- Alex Pruden, a deal partner from Andreesen Horowitz. Is part of the guidance team at the bootcamp (21-4-2020) of Celo.
- Is a consortium member of Facebook's Libra and therefor a possible node of the coin's network.
- Is also a member of the Celo Alliance, which is a Libra's competitor.